Shakeology

Shakeology

What is it?

Shakeology is a daily nutritional shake which helps your body gently eliminate toxins while allowing for better absorption of the essential nutrients you need. A proprietary blend of digestive enzymes and prebiotics help your body progressively eliminate the toxins that build up over time from eating today’s highly processed foods. At the same time, whole-food ingredients deliver the essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals your body needs to curb cravings, allowing your body to shed stored fat while the more than 20 different antioxidants and phytonutrients help reduce free radical damage that can lead to heart disease, heart attacks, high blood pressure, and stroke.

How do you use it?

I suggest that you drink it wherever there is room for improvement in your nutrition.  You can drink Shakeology when you usually skip a meal (for me its breakfast) or when you start raiding the pantry and fridge (for me that is around 3-6pm).  Or maybe you are on the go a lot, and need a quick and healthy lunch or snack.  I drink it once a day (sometimes twice) either as a meal replacement, as a snack or a post-workout recovery drink(add ½ a banana for that if you’ve worked out very hard).  (Check out “Results & Recovery” for an everyday recovery drink) Depending on how you make it, it fills people up for an average of 3-5 hours, at which time I suggest a healthy snack or meal.

What do you use it for?

You can use it for weight loss or as a supplement. Some people use it simply to get healthy…to eliminate the bad and allow more room for the good. And others use it as a protein shake with added benefits that simple pure whey protein isolate will not give you. It helps reduce cravings. You will gain energy. You will notice better digestion. Others have told me that it has improved hot flashes, has regulated menstrual cycles, improved their skin, lowered cholesterol, improved their mood and more.  I have one friend who has actually been able to get off of her anti-fatigue meds for Fibromyalgia after just 3 months of drinking Shakeology!

Right away it helped me break through my weight loss plateau. Within a few weeks I noticed my digestion was regulating and that my energy was increasing. I wasn’t drinking my coffee and was sailing through that 3-6 pm slump without feeling tired!!!

Is it OK to drink more than one shake per day? Or to replace more than one meal per day?

Yes, but it’s not recommended to replace more than two meals per day for an extended period of time.

Is Shakeology sold in stores?

Shakeology is sold exclusively through the Beachbody Coach Network, so you can’t buy it in stores, but you can purchase it from us.

Can someone with lactose intolerance drink Shakeology even though it has 15 grams of whey protein (which is derived from milk)?   

Because needs vary for each person with lactose intolerance, it’s recommended that you check with your doctor first. However, the whey protein in Shakeology is whey protein isolate, which is more than 90 percent pure protein, leaving less than 10 percent of the ingredient, or 1.5 grams, where some lactose can be found. In addition, Shakeology is loaded with digestive enzymes-and lactase is one of them. Lactase is the enzyme that breaks down lactose and is found in over-the-counter products like Lactaid®. So because Shakeology is made with whey protein isolate and contains lactase, it may have a higher likelihood of being acceptable for most people with lactose intolerance. It’s recommended that someone with lactose intolerance start with a small amount of Shakeology, monitor their body’s reaction, and, if tolerant, slowly build up to a full serving or take a half-serving at two separate times during the day.

If there’s no food coloring, why is one flavor green and the other brown?  

The ingredients (herbal powders, grass powders, vegetable powders, spirulina, and chlorella, plus some of the fruit and berry powders) make the Greenberry flavor green in color. The base of Chocolate flavor is also green, but the chocolate and cocoa powders turn its color brown.

What can Shakeology do for you?

Where do Shakeology ingredients come from?

Want to try a FREE SAMPLE?

One Response to “Shakeology”

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

  1. Why I’ve Been Drinking Green Jello [Well, Almost] | Wellness Mama « Nikki's Fit Finds - October 16, 2012

    […] Shakeology […]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: